12 FACTS IN FAVOUR OF NEW ABBYY FINEREADER 12
Moscow, Russia (11 May, 2014)
ABBYY, a leading provider of document recognition, data capture and linguistic technologies and services, together with Al Hosani Computer LLC, ABBYY software distributor in the Middle East, today announced ABBYY FineReader 12, the newest version of its award-winning Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and document conversion software.
“Serving as a bridge between paper and digital documents, OCR software is one of the essential tools to build an efficient working environment,” commented Ivan Bodyagin, director of the FineReader Desktop Products Department at ABBYY. “FineReader 12 was designed to provide a truly convenient way of digitizing paper documents and working with the content — editing and quoting text, copying and reusing data, and adapting them for searchable archives.”
In addition, ABBYY FineReader 12 offers a number of powerful improvements, which include:
- Innovative Background OCR — Open, view and start working with a document of any size immediately while it continues to be processed in the background and save considerable time.
- Speed-up Recognition up to 15%*.
- Easy Data Extraction and Text Quotation — Easily copy a table or formatted text from any selected area with no need to recognize the entire document.
- Up to 30% Improved Accuracy on Business Docs — ABBYY FineReader 12 new tool for removing color stamps and pen marks and more accurate retention of charts, graphs and etc!
- Improved table conversion by up to 40%* — Engineers, financial professionals or other specialists save significant time and effort when working with numerical data.
- Improved Accuracy up to 20% for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, 15% for Arabic and 10% for Hebrew
- Easier Saving and Retrieving Files from the Cloud — FineReader 12 provides easier access to popular cloud storages such as Google Drive™, Dropbox™, SkyDrive® and more.
- Enhanced Sharing Capabilities — Direct integration of ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate with Microsoft SharePoint® Online / Office 365™ further facilitates document sharing.
- ABBYY Camera OCR and PreciseScan technologies — Turn photos of documents into scanner-quality images for easier reading, archiving or better printing results.
- Faster and Easier Verification & Correction — Both spelling and formatting corrections, with intuitive hot keys and tab controls for easy navigation through the verification process.
- Enhanced Hot Folder in FineReader 12 Corporate — Improved Hot Folder batch conversion of documents now speeds up overall conversion process, plus provides dual-core processing support.
- Compatible with Windows 8 and support of basic touch gestures to scroll and zoom on laptops with touch screens.
ABBYY FineReader 12 is available at select local retail stores and online from Al Hosani Computer LLC. For detailed product information, or to download a free trial version of the application, visit www.software-planet.com.
About Al Hosani Computer LLC
Al Hosani Computer LLC is the leading Middle East software republishing and value added distribution company. The company operates across the Middle East and Africa. The company's strength lies in its ability to offer good margins and value-added service for its channel partners, while offering its vendors a total solution for 'in-country' representation. For more information about Al Hosani Computer visit http://www.alhosanime.com/.
ABBYY is a world leader in document recognition, data capture and linguistic technologies and services. A dedicated office called ABBYY 3A operates on the territory of South America, Asia and Africa, including the Middle East and Baltic Countries. The executive team of ABBYY 3A has been creating and supporting a centralized program of partnerships in the mentioned areas since 2004. Activity of the office is focused on developing the emerging markets in these regions of fast growing economies. ABBYY products are used in large-scale projects such asKuwait’s National Cencus and censuses in other countries of the regions, Lithuanian Tax Inspectorate, Kuwait Transparency Society, e-government portal in Vietnam, the largest Malaysian bank, Presidential elections in Chile and more. For more information please visitwww.ABBYY.com.